These are the thank you emails that I received after a broadcast email was sent out to Trinity faculty, graduate students and staff on July 12, 2006 concerning my resignation. I want to record these notes because these are the reasons why it makes it easy to get up early every morning to go to work. I love the students and the interactions that we have. I thank God for giving me this unique opportunity to help His servants-in-training in a very special way. I will continue to add on to this page if there are more thank you notes that come in.I wanted to let you know that you will be sorely missed. I am thrilled for you and Dan as you move ahead with this opportunity, but we will miss your smile, calmness and clarity around the campus and in the FE office especially. Thank you for all your hard work these last few years. Of course, I have to admit we will also miss seeing Kioni in the halls occasionally and watching her grow to a sweet little girl. May God bless you and Dan greatly in your ministry there in the Phillipines. Be sure to keep in touch from time to time and let me know how you are doing.
~ Miriam Parent, associate professor of pastoral counseling and psychology at TEDS
I don't expect you to remember me, but I just to thank you for the counsel and encouragment you gave me over the years at TEDS. All the best to you and Dan as you leave for the Philippines.
~ Jeff Lehn, MDIV student
I just got the notice that you and Dan will be soon leaving us. Before you go, I thought I would just say thank you. Your work in the Field Ed office was INCREDIBLY helpful to me. I'm not much for administrative responsibilities, but your organization, work, and suggestions thoroughly helped me fulfill all of my Field Ed requirements. Seriously, you were great at what you did, and I have full assurance that you will continue to be great wherever God may lead you. God bless both you and Dan on this exciting next step of your life's journey. Who knows, maybe I'll swing by the Philippines one of these days and drop by? Wouldn't that be cool? Thanks again!!
~ Andrew Kim, MDIV student
I will be in TN at a conference so I will not get to say good bye for now in person, but it has been awesome getting to know you. I know the Lord will take care of you along your journey and we will meet again in glory if not sooner. Stay in touch, send us your ministry letters and we will forward you ours. Perhaps we will visit you one day!
~ Garrett Lafferty, MDIV student
I'm so happy for you and your family, but so sad to see you go too. I'm trusting that the Lord has wonderful things for you in Cebu and beyond. I know that the Lord will be with you, working through you, and giving you the joy that passes all understanding as you continue to follow His lead. Kioni is so adorable. She is so very blessed to have you as her mom. You will continue to be in my prayers. I love your new family website! Please contact me any time. I'm honored and thankful that the Lord gave me the opportunity to get to know you before sending you away.
Richest blessings,
Love,
~ Ingrid Faro, MDIV student
I was sorry to hear that you will be leaving Supervised Ministries. And yet, I am so excited about the opportunities you and your family will have in the ministry to which God has called you. We wish you the very best, and will be in prayer for you safe travel to and ministry in your new venue.
~ Torrey Zimmerman, MDIV student
You are the best! Thank you for all that you do! I looked on your webpage the other day and found myself just absorbed in all that you both have done (and are doing) and how much of a grand adventure you are headed towards!
You will be missed!
~ Gayle Hannan, Office of Extension & Affiliated Education
It's been months now since we spoke and you told me of your plans to serve oversees. The time has come! I was forwarded the announcement from Trinity saying that your last day is the 21st. I just wanted to join in saying how very much I appreciated working with you over the years and pray for God's blessing on all of you as you move into a new field of service. Thank you for all the help you were to me and to the Elmbrook students that I worked with...we both worked with!
Blessings in Christ,
~ Nancy Leafblad, previous Extension Site Coordinator at Elmbrook Church, WI
No comments:
Post a Comment