Thursday, November 01, 2007

11 years later




Amy, Johnny Mak (the CEO), Johnny Yun (the small business owner), Richard Lee (the PhD) and Patrick Chan (the designer-lecturer)

We had a great time last night meeting with really old friends from church. I have not seen these friends for over 10 years, except Patrick, whom I see almost every time I come back to Hong Kong. All of us have gained some weight (except Patrick) and lost some hair (all of us), but most of us (except me) have become "someone" in their area of expertise.

We started out at the new high-end mall the Elements, well, for an average person like me, everything in this mall is way over my budget. We ended up having dinner at an Arabian restaurant, we ordered four dishes, but I don't think any of the guys went away with a full stomach, however, their wallets have become quite thin. They were very nice to treat me to this very special meal.

We were just starting to catch up with old times and talk a bit about the future when the meal ended, so the CEO Johnny Mak suggested that we catch a taxi to the night scene of Tsim Sha Tsui to continue on our conversation. We ended up in a lounge in a hotel, sitting in those big comfy chairs, we had lots of laughs.

Even after all these years, it seems like our friendships have not changed one bit, we are still as at ease with each other as before and laughed just as loud.

What a great privilege to have this opportunity to meet and chat. I hope we will be able to do this more often. We see each other so little that next time we meet, it might be in one of our memorial services. (quote Richard)

No comments:

Post a Comment