
Doctor: "You've got to quit smoking."
Peter: "I don't smoke."
Doctor: "Your lungs show you have been smoking for quite some time."
Peter: "I think I know what it is."
Doctor: "Yes?"
Peter: "I have been living in this country for a few years now."
Peter is a missionary in the Philippines. Above was a real conversation between Peter and his doctor. Everyday when we go on the road, we see cars pumping out black exhaust fumes, there of course are regluations regarding pollution, but they are not imposed very often. No wonder our floor is constantly black, it is like there is black soot covering it as soon as Maris clean it with bleach and water.
I think many of the missionaries around the world are entering into martydom slowly. They might not see the effects of pollution years after their missions terms are over, but it sure does take a toll.
Even so, Christ and His gospel are sure worth dying for.
No comments:
Post a Comment