What happened today in history?
1945 - World Word II - Victory over Japan, Japan surrenders.
1947 - India gains independence from the United Kingdom and becomes an independent nation within the Commenwealth.
Also Napoleon Bonaparte, emperor of the French was born today in 1769, so was one of my favourite American cook, Julia Child, she was born in 1912.
I was also born today, 44 years ago. If I lived up to 88 years old, I have already lived half of my life, if not, than over half of my life was lived. So, there is no doubt that I am a "middle-aged" woman, which is a bit strange when I hear that term describing myself.
Looking back, the single most important thing that has happened to me was knowing Jesus Christ as my saviour, my life took a sharp turn "upwards" when it happened in the 26th year of my life.
We celebrated my birthday today in Cebu with a Starbucks' Coffee breakfast, a good homecooked dinner, (prepared by me), and a night-time family prayer. No birthday cake, no candle, but just as memorable.
Yes, there're so many good things we cherish in our lives, and it's really difficult to cross them out one by one. Not until we cross them out, we'll come to know that knowing Jesus Christ as saviour would always come last, and most of the other precious things and people are actually bundled from it.
ReplyDeleteVow! After all these 44 years, it's still nice to know. Congratulations!