Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Ready to say goodbye?

Meme started to have serious difficulty walking two days ago (Monday). I was at home because Dan went to Minneapolis for Missions Orientation. I realize that Meme was not able to get up most of the time, and even when she could, she would walk for a couple of steps and then would fall down. She would bark because she wanted to get to the water or wanted to go out, but physically, she was unable to.
She is still eating well, last night she barked at 3:00am, I went downstairs and found her on the floor in the hallway, she was in the area where the runner ends, she couldn't get up because the floor is too slippery. I let her out, well, more like pick her up so that she could go. She then walked back into the house, couldn't walk a step further, just plop herself down right in front of the sliding door. She stayed there for a long while, slept some more, then she woke up licking her lips. I realized that she wanted water. I brought the water to her, she drank half a bottle!!! Then she slept some more. After some time, she wanted to get up again, but after taking one step, she fell down and stayed there for some more time until Kioni woke up at 6:40am.

It is so hard to watch my dog of 15 years struggle like this. I have, in my mind, thought about putting her down over and over in the past two days. I think I am finally a bit more ready than a month ago. However, I still don't know if she is ready. I don't think she wants to live like this, though. I just don't want to be sorry or wish I have done it two months later.

No comments:

Post a Comment