A friend's husband died last week of a head-on car collison. I was shocked, we just don't expect a young person to die that soon, but in fact, when you think about it, it could happen to any of us. We just don't know how long we are going to live, and in what manner we are going to die. Death without God is particularly hard to deal with, because it is so final. I am not saying that if Dan dies tomorrow, it will not be hard, but at least, I know he is with the Lord who loves him and he will not encounter any suffering of this world anymore. The best part is we will see each other again in full glory.
When we see an unexpected death, we think of our own mortality, and it is a good thing, because that puts our view of life and death into the right perspective, helps us to put things in the right priorities, do the important things in ife, but not things that everybody said is important. Life on earth is a journey, God places us here to fulfill his purposes and to glorify him, this is not our home.
No one, on their death bed, would wish that they would have spend more time in the office, wish that they have finish more projects for the company, rather, they regret that they didn't spend enough time with their wives, husbands, children and do things that they find meaningful and have an eternal impact.
For me, I think the most important thing in life right now is to fulfill my responsibilities as a wife, a mother and an evangelist. That's why I truly awaits the day when my working days are over and can stay home. It will not happen until we can raise full support to go to the Philippines.
No comments:
Post a Comment