Tuesday, November 22, 2005

2005 Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for this year. First of all, I am thankful to be alive. No, I am not being morbid. I just don't want to take being alive for granted. Not only that, I am healthy and able. Many people on earth do not get to live to be 42 and healthy, but I do. And of course, God has given me people in my life whom love me and I love, this is such a great manifestation of what God's love is about. No, it is not quite like God's love for me, but as least all the relationships show some aspects of what God's love is like.
I am thankful that Dan is at the last stage of writing his ThM thesis, hopefully, he'll be done by Christmas, at least the majority of it.
I am thankful that Kioni is growing at she should, meeting all the milestone of a 22 month old and sometimes exceeding them.
I am thankful that God has provided a job for me at Trinity that I could serve Him in a certain capacity and at the same time, provide for Dan and Kioni while Dan is pursuing his dream.
I am thankful that He has guided us for making the decision to go to the Philippines as missionary professors for two years. I anticipate these two years will open up our hearts and minds towards many things, world missions in particular.
I am thankful that even there are many deaths that happened towards the last half of the year, one of them is Dan's father, we do celebrate several births, one of those babies is Dan's brother's Chris and his wife's Cheryl's baby boy, whom was born yesterday (November 21, it was Dan's birthday) at 7:30 pm, his name has yet to be announced.
I am thankful for the health of my parents, whom I desparately want to see them come to know the grace and salvation of Christ.
God, thank you. I know even with all my might, it is impossible to live a life that is pleasing to you. I ask that you would guide me and help me every day to be more like you, and glorify you in everything I do and say.

1 comment: