Thursday, January 12, 2006

Two years of being a mom

My little girl is two today. The day when I went to the hospital early in the morning to have the C-section is still fresh in my mind, but that was two years ago. I still remember vividly asking why she was not crying after the doctor took her out, her temperature was lower than they wanted, she was not breathing at first, the doctors fixed those. Then the nurse put her on my neck (yes, on my neck, because my arms were tied down for the operation) so I could see her. I remember thinking "that's the face we have longed to see for so many months, that's my daughter, she is so pretty."
It seems like being a mother is an instinct, with all the hormones going crazy, I am sure some were responsible for being super protective of my new born. She was cold, so the nurse brought her to me to do some "skin to skin" holding. Yep, she warmed up, but I was soaked with sweats! That didn't matter.
God, I thank you for our little girl, through her, you have given Dan and I joy that is beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment