The semester is coming to an end, a student just asked me what am I going to do on my 'summer vacation', I told her I don't have a summer vacation, she was shocked to learn that I have to work through summer. The end of the Spring semester is the busiest time for me. Reading through about 200 sets of paperwork from students is not exactly a small project, but I do it twice every semester. Professors will have papers to grade, unlike me, they will have a summer break to catch their breath.
My time at Trinity is also coming to an end. Not only that, we will go all the way over the big pond to the Philippines. People always ask me if I am excited. I don't know how to reply. Yes, I am excited that we are going to launch into a new phase of our lives, doing new ministries, and for me, being able to stay home with Kioni and not having to shoulder the responsibility of being the bread-winner anymore. I am excited about all the new changes that are coming our way.
However, I am not that naive about ministering and living cross-culturally. I have done it once 10 years ago, adapting cross-culturally, I have to say is not on my list of 'favourite things to do'. There are many challenges that I would rather not have, but looking back, they have built my character and patience in ways I did not know before. It seems like whenever I get too comfortable, God always moves me out of my comfort zone. He did it to some people, but for others, He will keep them where they are all their lives. I don't quite understand that, but God is God, what can you say.
I am also starting to feel a bit sad about leaving Trinity, because I am going to miss the interactions with students, the administrative assistant ladies whom I become close to, faculty members whom I have gotten to become friends with. I will miss all these. However, as a follower of Christ, I am glad to go where God is leading us to.
I pray what will NOT come to an end is the relationships that I have developed at Trinity. I am thankful for emails, the Internet and blogs, as evil as many people think they are, they do bring people together. I have a track record of keeping in contact with my Hong Kong friends through emails, even after 10 years physical absence in my home church in Hong Kong. Much have changed in 10 years, but friendship does not change, feelings do not change.
OK, got to stop, something is bothering my eyes......
"I have but one candle of life to burn, and I would rather burn it out in a land filled with darkness than in a land flooded with light." ~ John Keith Falconer
ReplyDelete