When I was a little girl
I imagined flying up to the stars
I thought if I could reach the diamonds
I would stay on those sparkling islands
When I was a little girl
I considered what life was all about
I pondered why the ant-like people
Toiled aimlessly in sweat and soil
Why were there deep lines on their faces
Why were there tears on their lashes
When I was a little girl
I speculated if the clouds would be a good hideout
I wondered why the universe so vast
What possibly was behind this mysterious mass
When I was a little girl
I asked who governed the moon
Why did it come up only when dark
Why did the sun appear to make its mark
When I was a little girl
My heart was a puzzle
There were so many pieces missing
I questioned why people talked about blessings
Many years later
A Prince found all the pieces
Without me knowing
He quietly completed the puzzle
He then declared: Everything's settled
He is from where the diamonds decorate the heavens
Where the moon meets the sun
The clouds were His pillows
He is the only Son
He chose to forgo
All that He had for me
A little girl whose heart was a hopeless puzzle
But now it's complete and free
No comments:
Post a Comment