Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Want and Need

I want so many things, why is that? Do I just turn my wants into needs and then convince myself that I actually need those things rather than just desiring them? I guess greed is the culprit, or just plain selfish, because I want to satisfy myself with all the stuff that I think I "need". This picture becomes painfully clear now that we are clearing our house to move out, we have so much STUFF! My goodness! I will try from now on not to accumulate anymore, I don't need all those things to live a productive life. OK, it is not too late to start getting rid of things, things I even think I need. After doing without for a while, I am sure I will realize that those are just things I want.

2 comments:

  1. Let me play the role of a gremlin:

    We do need wants and desires, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do, but is that how it should be? I am guessing not. It is just so hard not to desire the latest and newest gadgets out there.

    ReplyDelete