Thursday, July 06, 2006

Like buying a Rolls Royce


Dan just called me after he bought some softwares from an Apple Store (computer, not fruit).He said, "I am excitied about what Mac has to offer. It is like buying a Rolls Royces!" Bare in mind we are not new Mac users, my first two computers are Macs, then the first computer we own after we were married was a Mac. However, we get drowned out by the PC world. After so many years, we have decided that enough is enough, we have to switch back to Mac to get a peace of mind and actually use the computers instead spending half the time calling the tech support people and blocking viruses. Though we have bought the softwares here, we will get the computers in Hong Kong, since without tax, they will be cheaper. And we won't have to carry them on the plane.

I wrote a sad email to Patrick Chan, who introduced me to Jesus and Mac, after Dan and I purchased our first PC, Patrick saved that email and fowarded it back to me a few days ago:

I wrote: Your persistance in spreading the gospel of Mac is just like your persistance in sharing the gospel of Christ to me years ago. I feel sorry for being the lost "sister in Mac". The first computer I bought was a Mac when I first got here, however, I was drowned by the "world" of PC, and am still lost. I don't know what to say about using Mac again, I think I might some day switch back, however, today is not the time. (Sounds familiar, "I will someday believe in Jesus, but not now.")

To tell you the truth, I think Patrick is in 7th heaven now that we are switching back to Mac. A lost sister and a lost brother in the PC world have finally turned around. It is time to rejoice.

2 comments:

  1. You made me a happy Doraemon again. Thanks!

    By the way, did you use a wrong pic -- a MacBook Pro instead of a MacBook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am now using MacMini but not the latest version.
    I chose this as I know a PC user will not touch Mac.
    Highly recommand for security!!

    ReplyDelete