The rain is pouring with loud thunderclaps. The streets get flooded in this kind of downpours. And I am sure if we go out to the street right now, we will see little kids running naked to take their showers.
Kioni is down in her bed trying to take a nap, but I don’t know how long will it take her with the thunders so loud. We were out in Bo’s Coffee again this morning; Susan Rosenberg was there also. We have a relaxing morning, thanks to Kioni, content to colour and read by herself the whole time. We shared some frustrations and new experience after living here for a couple of months. It was good to have someone ‘new’ to talk to. We also saw Melody Nordine, wife of the Dean of CGST, walked by. She came in to say hi and chatted for a bit. She did mention that after being here for 25 years, sometimes she would forget how is it like to be new in a country.
I have learned how to deal with the heat a little bit better now, maybe because it is the cool season here, or I just cope with it better now. Bare in mind, cool season means it is still 90 degrees during the day. At night, with the fan on, Dan and I are able to sit in the living room to read a book or watch some TV without sweating, which is great news.
Kioni is still quite irritated by the heat, like just now when we first arrived home from Bo’s, she felt so hot and sticky that she threw a tantrum. But as soon as I put her in her room and turn the A/C on, she immediately has a ‘personality change’; it was quite amazing to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment