




Got an email from Grace, asking if we are OK, my blogs have not been updated for a while.
Yes, we are OK. Several factors, really, for not updating the blogs:
1) sickly internet connections, when I need to use it, it doesn't work, when it works, Kioni needs my attention. Often when I would get on and start blogging, by the time I finished writing and hit the 'publish' button, the internet connection would be dead, oh well, c'est la vie.
2) Christmas and all that, i.e., we just came back from a conference two days ago.
3) not feeling that great physically for the past few weeks.
I am going to catch up with some blogging in the next few days, so look backwards and read some of the events over Christmas and beyond.
It is good to be back home, however, the ReachGlobal (former EFCA-IM) Asia conference spoiled me. Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner means I didn't need to bother with grocery shopping and cooking, there were more food that we ever would need. What a wonderful treat for moms! I was a bit depressed when I got home when I think about groceries and cooking again.
Another depressing thing was that it took us over 12 hours and three connections to fly from Chiang Mai, Thailand to Cebu, Philippines. When we arrive at the Cebu airport, we couldn't get a taxi to take us home because we insisted that they used the meters. No taxi driver would use the meter at the airport at the arrival area. We eventually had to walk up a flight of stairs with Kioni and all our bags in the rain to the departure area, flaged down a taxi and told the driver if he used the meter, we will give him a big tip. Thank God for sending this driver, we got home and the driver got a good tip.
One good thing is that the weather in Cebu is cloudy and rainy. Oh... How I love rainy weather! I have always loved the rain, it doesn't matter to me if I didn't see the sun for two weeks. Cloud and rain look especially nice in a hot place like Cebu. While I am rejoicing the cooler weather (about 80F), yesterday when Kioni and I took a taxi, the taxi driver was wearing a wool sweater! It must be 'winter' for Cebuanos.
Here are some photos from the ReachGlobal Asia conference. The brownish looking things are deep fried bugs: grasshoppers, silk worms and such. No, they didn't serve these in the buffet, they were sold in the night market.
i really like the 2nd picture from the top - priceless.
ReplyDelete