
If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world. ~ C.S. Lewis
Friday, November 21, 2008
Mathematical broccoli
Kioni found this in the supermarket, she immediately calls it the pyramid broccoli. I at first didn't even think it was a vegetable, but then a saw that it was put together with a little head of cauliflower! It is a vegetable! How can that be, it just looks so...so...so...mathematical! And out of this world! Must have watched too much X-Files. Don't know if I would buy it a second time, it just look so different, maybe I will change my mind after I taste it. By the way, it has a name: Romanesco broccoli. It is was first documented in Italy (as broccolo romanesco) in the sixteenth century. It is sometimes called broccoflower and coral broccoli.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment