If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world.
~ C.S. Lewis
One long-lasting impression of mine on you is on the night before I got married. Jimmy, ah Ho and me and other guys were busy producing the stage set panel for the tea reception party for my wedding (you remember that rotating thing?), and it was so late that you groaned "why ain't I a boy!" so that you can stay and chat with us and help out. But because you're a girl, you need to leave for home. That was funny.
One long-lasting impression of mine on you is on the night before I got married. Jimmy, ah Ho and me and other guys were busy producing the stage set panel for the tea reception party for my wedding (you remember that rotating thing?), and it was so late that you groaned "why ain't I a boy!" so that you can stay and chat with us and help out. But because you're a girl, you need to leave for home. That was funny.
ReplyDelete對著兩個喋喋不休的人,或許妳應該收起對有深度話題的要求和執著,學習欣賞那些無聊的對話其實代表著生活的自在。妳慣做的是在無聊的對話中發掘有點子和有反思價值的內容,常常這樣很沉重呢!
至於對獨處的要求,我慣做的是從自己睡眠的份中撥出時間來,那就不會減少給太太和兩個女兒的時間了。
It's great that I can read your blogs again. Thanks!
你提起我也記得那一晚,不願意走是很自然的,一班好朋友,那麼齊心為你的婚禮做預備,怎會捨得走?以前我想做男仔,是因為男孩子沒有女孩子那麼多「不便」的地方,現在我想變回單身,亦是同樣的原因,婚姻帶來很多限制,特別是在美國文化中,限制更大,有點窒息,有點想衝出去的感覺。我知道你會跟我說甚麼,不過,我仍然是這樣想。
ReplyDelete你對我的描述好準確啊!對有深度話題的要求和執著是神放在我裡面的,收不起來,若能收起來,那就不是我了,奇怪的是,我並不覺得這樣的對話很沉重,反而看看這十三年來沒有跟人作這種對話,感覺好孤獨。
人老了,睡得也自然少了,所以大概也可以多點時間獨處。