If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world. ~ C.S. Lewis
Friday, January 20, 2012
A beautiful love song
A man who feels this way about a woman is not disillusioned, a great love song written with reality in mind, not just the fuzzy stuff. I try not to insert spiritual or theological meanings to the lyrics, especially the last couple of stanzas, it's simply how a man feels about a woman he deeply loves.
I was a bit surprised by the singer, his voice sounded to me like a man with long flowing hair and misty blue eyes, but he turns out to be a half balded guy with not so good acting ability. The original writer and singer, though, is really cool.
She
Maybe the face I can't forget
The trace of pleasure or regret
Maybe my treasure or the price I have to pay
She
Maybe the song that summer sings
Maybe the chill that autumn brings
Maybe a hundred different things
Within the measure of a day
She
Maybe the beauty or the beast
Maybe the famine or the feast
May turn each day into a heaven or a hell
She
Maybe the mirror of my dreams
The smile reflected in a stream
She may not be what she may seem
Inside her shell
She
Who always seems so happy in a crowd
Whose eyes can be so private and so proud
No one's allowed to see them when they cry
She
Maybe the love that cannot hope to last
May come to me from shadows of the past
That I'll remember till the day I die
She
Maybe the reason I survive
The why and wherefore I'm alive
The one I'll care for through the rough in ready years
Me
I'll take her laughter and her tears
And make them all my souvenirs
For where she goes I've got to be
The meaning of my life is
She
She, oh she
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Notting Hill's ending song. Julie Roberts at her most beautiful days, plus a super romantic scene with Hugh Grant.
ReplyDelete