Dear SPT,
This is the last week that I will need to intensive prayer support. The exam is coming this Friday (March 17th). Show time is 8:45 am; the exam begins at 9:00am.
Last week was productive. The tasks I set for myself were all accomplished. It was a lot of work, but each day a little more was whittled down until there was nothing left. I finished going through my 125 pages of typed study notes and the creation of study outlines. Outlines for 33 questions were created (using 48 typed 4”x6” cards [8pt font], but don’t worry I have reading glasses). I was also able to work through all the comments on my thesis from my second reader and prepare a “defense draft.” The draft will be printed out
tonight and turned in on Wednesday (right on schedule).
I feel a certain peace about the coming exam. I hope it is due to both a certain level of preparedness and faith in the goodness of God, but sometimes I wonder if it is not just a surrendering to the inevitable. The former certainly seems more likely, yet either way, know that I am ultimately surrendering-with-faith to His divine providence. This is most important!
This week my plan is to study by continually reviewing my note cards and returning to read my note pages. I’ve also begun an exercise regiment, which hopefully will continue with more intensity after this week (I know Amy would be happy if it did). I’m going for a run around campus before I begin my studies, and then I plan to go for another run late in the evening to take my mind off studies. Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday will include study sessions that will go till midnight. On Thursday, my plan is to do some light
reviewing, watch a movie, and get a bunch of sleep. I’ll wake up early on Friday morning, review my note cards once more, pray, and then sit for the exam.
Please stay with me this week. You can pray primarily that my studying will be efficacious with regard to content retention. I understand all the material; it’s now a matter of being able to get it out in detail and into an essay. Please also pray that I will think well when I see the exam questions on the day of the exam, so that I will be able to draw upon what I’ve studied to create quick and appropriate outlines to guide my essay writing. I’ll only have about 30 min. for each essay question, so there is no time to dilly-dally.
Lastly, please know that I am greatly encouraged knowing that all of you, close to 40 strong, are out there lifting me up in prayer. I do feel the Lord’s strength as the “day” approaches. I read Psalm 28 (Chinese) before bed last night and was reminded of the journey that I’ve been on over the past few months . . . I hope my journey ends like David's in the psalm. David begins the psalm with a cry for mercy, but ends in a wonderful course of praise. With your prayer support my cries of mercy have turned into praise. Let’s continue to pray that all will end well, that we may join together in a few days and offer praise once more to God for his faithfulness and goodness. "We know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose” (Romans 8:28). Only 4 days to go!
By prayer,
Dan
No comments:
Post a Comment