Sunday, October 02, 2005

To those I love

If I should ever leave you whom I love
To go along the Silent Way,
grieve not,
Nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk
of me as if I were beside you there.



(I'd come-I'd come, could I but find a way!
But would not tears and grief be barriers?)

And when you hear a song or
see a bird I loved,
please do not let the thought of me be sad...
For I am loving you just as I always have...

You were so good to me!
There are so many things I wanted still



want to do—
so many things to say to you...
Remember that I did not fear—
It was just leaving you that was so hard to face...



We cannot see Beyond...
But this I know:
I loved you so—
'twas heaven here with you!

by Isla Paschal Richardson. Read by Gregory Peck at Frank Sinatra's funeral, 1998.

3 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Have not visited your Blog for long, just wonder why I have missed this very good poem that you've posted in Oct.

    This morning I was quite stirred up by a call from my colleague. Her aged father has a heart attack early in the morning and when he was sent to the hospital, doctor told his situation was really bad. I started my day with a deep worry over my colleague, wondering what she was going to face at the critical stage of her father.

    All I could do was to pray, and I found tears running down my face, even I was on the bus to work. Then I thought of the scene of the death of Lazarus; when Jesus met Martha and Mary, he wept.

    Luckily, her father survived an emergent heart operation and he passed through the critical stage.

    Life is so fragile. If there's no resurrection, life will be ridiculous.

    Ka Lok

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ka Lok,

    You are absolutely right, without eternal life, earthly life IS ridiculous. What's the point of living if there is not an eternal purpose? I cannot imagine mom and dad not knowing Jesus and life eternal. I have been thinking for a while to write something in my blog in Chinese to share the gospel with them. Do you think there is a way to put a link on the desktop where they can just turn on the computer and click one click to open my blog and Kioni's blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,

    I think the best way is the most traditional way, write them letters. They would read them over and over again, anytime, anywhere.

    They lost the interest to switch on the computer, and only rely on us to show them your Blog or Kioni's photos. So the most direct and effective way will be letters.

    Ka Lok

    p.s. forget my password to enter Blog....

    ReplyDelete