If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world. ~ C.S. Lewis
Wednesday, February 15, 2006
A comment by Patrick
Our family is part of a post that my friend, Patrick, posted in his blog. If you can read Chinese, you will be able to verify, through Patrick's own words, how difficult a person I was (actually still am) before Jesus found me. It took Patrick a long while to pound the gospel in my head and to convince me that Christian fellowship is necessary for my spiritual growth. Patrick is a fine example of a 'good and faithful' servant. I am not upgrading him to a saint, what I am saying is that if we have more believers like Patrick, whom relentlessly shares the gospel in spite of rejection, the Christian church will be more vibrant and alive. Looking back, I am grateful for God putting someone like Patrick in my path. It has been 19 years since I first worked with Patrick, God has been true and faithful all these years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think we all have someone in our lives that we can look back on and say that this person gives a good example of the Christian life. For me its a history professor. I find that the way to honor them, is by being all Christ calls us to be.
ReplyDeleteWhile it is up to God to tell/comment/judge if I'm a "good and faithful" servant when we meet Him face to face, I can only say I'm quite a "normal" Christian, but I do remind myself from time to time to be a God-pleaser (another favorite of mine from Petra!).
ReplyDeleteHowever, I'm quite sure that you and I are both saints as depicted by many places in the Bible! What a privileged and glorious "title" that we carry, much better than PhD, MDiv or MA! And should we try our best to match that title with our deeds?
With blessings in the Lord,
Patrick
Hey, Sean, thanks for commenting on my blog. Having someone to be an example in Christ is such a priviledge. I hope that the Filipino/Filipina students will find you to be an example to them. Glad that you are heading over to the Phillippines.
ReplyDeletePatrick,
ReplyDeleteIt is scary to think that I might have a title of a 'saint', don't know if I can live up to that. I especially don't feel like a saint when I am tired and stressed. It is good, though, that God no matter how bad I behave, God still loves me just as much as when I feel like I am an angel.
When the Bible said so (Romans 1:7, 8:27, 16:15, 2 Corinthians 1:1, Ephesians 1:1, 1:15-18, 3:18, 6:18, Philippians 1:1, 4:21-22, Colossians 1:4...), it IS so.
ReplyDeleteInstead of getting scary, I would rather think that I'm reassured, for God's unchanging status granted to us empowered me to live up to that -- our strength is not based on our own will or motivation, but by His word and faithfulness. You're absolutely true that God love makes us feel like we're angels, I would say even we're good, it is pride which will make us vulnerable.