Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Will it ever end!?

I was out of the office for two days for being sick, today is the first day I came back, but the drugs did little to help my attention at work. I am miserable! Our house look like a CVS drugstore, name a drug, and we have it, both for adult and children.
I haven't been this sick for years. Not only the coughing was bad, it is also the headaches and the nasal and chest congestions. Drugs do help, but not to the extend where I can function. I am thankful, though, Kioni is getting better, she sleeps through the night without waking up with a stuffy nose. Dan put a blow-up bed in the middle of our tiny living room, so I could lay down there while Kioni plays. She didn't understand why mommy doesn't want to get up and play with her, but mommy will jump up and clean her nose at soon as she saw her runny nose.
I am pretty useless at work, I am more worried about spreading the virus then having to take sick time off. Whatever I have is ferocious, not a good thing to catch.
Last night when I was coughing my lungs out, I wonder if this will end. I know, it will, but when you are suffering, days seems like years.
For all those who are believers, don't you long for the days when we don't have to combat stuffy nose and achy bones anymore? Jesus, come back soon.

2 comments:

  1. There were days when I coughed ffor 2 months with no signs of getting better. Is it time to switch for traditional Chinese herbal medicine, with which I totally recovered when I had a two doses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family, except my father, has switched to Chinese herbal medicine also. It is hard to do over here, since I don't know which doctor is good. So in the mean time, we might just have to keep on coughing. Maybe I can ask my sister to send me some medicine without seeing the doctor?

    ReplyDelete