Heat continues to be the subject of the day. It will get to us so badly that Kioni will start to throw bad tantrums; I will not have the patience to deal with it, while Dan would just be sitting there sweating away. We get tired by 2:00pm, it is draining just to be in the heat, even without doing anything at all.
We are slowly getting what we need, we have the phone company come and connect the landline for us today. Our helper Mariss said it is record speed, well, it is because Chuck Guill has applied for the phone line two months ago for us. Now they will have to see if we can have DSL internet service, don’t know what they are looking for, but it will probably take another month or so before we can have internet service.
Garbage in the fridge
Yesterday when we ate at the Guills’, Maggie, a veteran missionary in Cebu, told me that she puts her garbage in the fridge if she is done going out of the house for the day, this way, she will keep the ants out. I thought that is a good idea, but question if that is a bit overkill. Today, Kioni asked for some cereal from the box, I pulled the box down, and here they are, ants all over and inside the box! Mariss said one never leaves an opened box of food in the cupboard, one will need to put everything in a tightly sealed box, or else, the ants will certainly get to them. She said even dry oatmeal has to be put in a box. Tonight, I started putting garbage in the fridge, tomorrow, I hope I can get some boxes for various things.
I cooked my first meal tonight without propane gas. Mariss bought some ground pork, I marinated it with some soy sauce, a little bit sugar, and some salt. Mariss also helped me cut up some Chinese cabbage, I just throw everything in with some rice into the rice cooker I bought yesterday. Half hour later, I got some wonderfully tasting rice with pork and cabbage. Kioni loved it, she ate a whole bowl. Dan ate a bowl of cereal. We ate dinner tonight in our bedroom, with air-conditioning; Kioni smiles and sings again.
Dan either has a bad cold or he has allergies so bad that he cannot breathe. I am just soaked in sweat when I am home at the ground floor of our house. The heat does one good thing, it is a constant reminder of why we are here. I thought about the cool dry weather in Michigan often, but now we are here, and the whole reason for being in the heat is because of what God has called us to do in the next two years.
We have decided to install an air-conditioner at the ground level of our house, so that we can actually use that room and won’t feel like we have to hide in our bedroom all the time. The owner of the house Howard Plucar is going to pay for half of the price of the air-conditioner, we are grateful for that. Tomorrow, the air-conditioning guy is going to come and give us an idea of how it will be installed.
This is an interesting place, they have a ‘guy’ for everything, and the missionaries here know just the right guy for the right thing.
來到宿霧己經有三天了,但是炎熱和潮濕的氣候仍然是難受極了。家中地下的那一層沒有冷氣,祺祺熱得十分容易發脾氣,我沒有耐心應付他,因為我也熱得要命。宿霧比我想像中貧窮,新式建築物隔壁是一大堆隨便撘起來的木屋。好多人的生計也似是靠勞力賺取的。
炎熱的天氣提醒我們來宿霧的原因,若不是神的帶領,我們是沒有甚麼理由來這?的。
No comments:
Post a Comment