Monday, December 08, 2008

20 years

Today is my 20th anniversary of becoming a Christian. How God has sought me over the years is an amazing journey, and I have recorded it in My Journey of Faith in both English and Chinese.

20 years is a long time in human years, but when I consider what I will spend in eternity, it is nothing.
20 years has confirmed one thing, if not more, that is God IS faithful. I have gone through deep dark valleys and experienced jubilant moments, God is always there, to have and to hold, never letting me go, even there are more moments than I want to remember when I complained excessively. I have never experienced that kind of patience, that kind of love.

If God would take me to heaven today, I will only ask for one thing, if I am allowed, before I leave: that is the salvation of my parents. I will leave with no regrets, but as I look at it with my human eyes and heart, it saddens me everytime I thought of my parents being resistant to God's love.

Well, like winning the Oscar, I have to say some thank-yous:

I am not going to name names, because you know who you are. You are my faithful friends, you know who you are. You are always there when I write you an email needing to 'talk', you always care and pray for me, and my family. At times when I was not paying attention, you are remembering me. Thank you.

What a beautiful cloud of people surrounding me when I continue on this pilgrimage. 20 years of faithfulness proven by God and by the angels He has put around me at various periods of time for various reasons.

Thank you, God, for choosing me to be your dear child. If I have another 20 years, I will rejoice.

1 comment:

  1. > ... it saddens me everytime I thought of my parents being resistant to God's love.

    Keep praying for them, and trust that your prayer makes a difference.

    Thank God for giving us family and friends, through whose salvation that mean much to us, we get a taste of God's love towards us sinners.

    While my parents are God's children before I was born, some of my other loved ones are not quite there yet. It's a privilege to participate in that "agony," even it's just 1/100000 part of God's love.

    ReplyDelete