Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Denied

I have found myself in a very tight spot: Dr. Feinberg (Chair of the Trinity ST department) has denied my request push the ThM/ST major comprehensive exam back a few weeks. Therefore, I will be taking the exam on March 17th at 9:00am (its a 3 hour essay exam). Needless to say, I haven't had much time
to prep for the exam, since last semester I was required to exclusively work on my thesis.

Currently, I'm working my way through Millard Erickson's theology and am at chapter 35 (out of 60); so far, I've taken about 50 pages of notes. My plan is to finish my way through the book and then go back and study my notes. I am currently spending about 6 hours each night on studying, but I think that I need to find a way to ramp up the time. I am very stressed out over the fact that my degree rides on this exam and that I’ve only had a month so far to study (2 ? months by the time the exam date comes). If I pass the exam, life at the Bush household should become much more happier. But if I fail, then the stress will rise to new levels (I can take the exam one more time if I fail, but not until October). (I’m already at the level of wanting seriously to cry often, no joke!)

My specific reason for writing this message to you is because I am seeking to put together a group of folks that will serve as a prayer team to get me through this difficult period. Without significant prayer and the Lord's grace, I don't think that I will make it. I'm asking those on my prayer team to pray deliberately for me once daily from now until March 17th. Will you please consider joining my prayer team? Once I’ve got a few folks on my team, I will send out some specific prayer guidance, as well as regular updates on my study progress.

By prayer,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment