Friday, February 18, 2005

SPT 03

Dear SPT (Special Prayer Team):

Thank you all for your prayers this week, they have been very helpful and noticeable. Let me explain by way of an update on my progress. In the review of my theology textbook I am now on chapter 57 (of 60); recall that I was on chapter 35 when your prayer support was first requested. I has been a very long, but productive week. To-date I have taken 120 pages of single spaced notes.

I expect to have the review of my theology textbook completed by this coming Monday evening and for the note pages to grow by approximately 12 pages. My study plan thereafter will be to continually review the notes that I’ve taken, to create sample essay outlines (without content included) on 4”x6” cards, and
then to also study the cards.

The progress made so far in studying is personally encouraging and my emotions have perked-up a bit. I am still quite nervous about the exam, but the tears have stayed away. Moreover, many of you have ministered to me by sending me Bible passages that speak of God’s goodness, faithfulness, and love. I have truly taken these verses to heart and have also been aided by my review of theological material that speaks to the same truths. In concert with your many prayers, God has changed my emotions, removed a great deal of my fear/stress, and blessed me spiritually. I have felt very close to him this past week. Thank you for your prayers.
Some other things have transpired this week to inform Amy and I that there is more to our stress this month than meets the eye. All in our household have become sick. Kioni got sick first, followed by Amy, and now I am sick again.
We are all taking over-the-counter meds (Kioni has some prescription meds too), but none of us are sleeping well or breathing well for that matter. All of this has caused Amy to ask if perhaps the evil one is hoping to hinder our future ministry by making it more difficult for me to finish the degree program. I am sure that this is a possibility, certainly if we allow for the notion that evil one can work through indirect means like stress and sickness.
Nevertheless, we have you praying for us and God is faithful; he is our shield and defender! A good thing, however, has come out of this period of stress and sickness: although we three are experiencing a lack or sleep, feel crummy, and have short tempers, we are also all being driven to God in prayer. Even Kioni is voicing her little prayers thanking God for the pills and dailypraying for daddy at the library.

Please keeping praying for my study progress. It would be helpful if this week you include specific prayer for my retaining of information, as well as that God would guide me into focusing on the right material for the exam (by way of reminder, please know that I have no clue as to what the questions might be). Please also include significant prayer for all three of us with regard to the quick dissipation of our colds. Lastly, note that in addition to preparing for my exam, I am also preparing the defense draft of my ThM thesis, which is due to be turned in on March 15th (2 days before I take the exam). If you would also pray for this, it would be helpful.
Thank you very much for all that you have done in helping me through prayer this past week. Please do not stop praying—only 27 days to go.

By prayer,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment