Dear SPT,
Another week has come and gone, and your prayers continue to be very much appreciated. Not as much was accomplished this week in comparison to last week, but perhaps it has been a blessing in disguise. I shall explain . . .
This week I was able to complete in full the reading and note taking from Millard Erickson’s Christian Theology. But I have not had the energy to move beyond this major milestone and wonderful review to formulate possible exam questions and begin study of my own notes. Where is the blessing? Well, the
sickness that has engulfed me and my family, and caused everything to slow down, has forced me to get more sleep that I have been accustom to over the past several months. So perhaps, despite the coughing and sniffling, this week has been a bit of recuperation in preparation for another big push (although Amy has not slept well).
My plan for this coming week is to begin studying my notes and the formulation of mock essay outlines. I am planning to push hard this week on the studying, but there will be a little bit of a twist thrown into the schedule. This week, on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I will be pulling duty with my Air National Guard unit in Peoria, IL. I should still have my evenings free for study, but I expect the study time to be reduced.
You can pray for me this week in the following ways: (1) pray that I’ll be able to formulate good and appropriate mock questions and essay outlines (10 to 12 should do the trick); (2) pray that I’ll be able to have a good and robust review of my notes; (3) pray that my reviewing of notes will translate into good retention; (4) pray for the full renewing of my family’s health, as well as mine; (5) pray for my 3-hours drive to and from Peoria, IL; (6) the second reader of my thesis will return his comments to me this week, please
pray that they will be of a nature that I can deal with them quickly without taking much time from my exam studies (the defense draft of the thesis is due on March 15th and the oral defense is scheduled for March 29th).
Thank you for your prayers. I am feeling the Spirit’s peace, although there is still much hard work to do. Thanks for keeping with me on this—only 20 days to go!
By prayer,
Dan
No comments:
Post a Comment