Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hong Kong flags


Yep, that's the old Hong Kong flag. Though I don't feel much towards the British queen nor the flag, it brings back memory of what it was like before Hong Kong was turned back over to China in July 1, 1997. That was 11 months after I married Dan, the American. This is the place where I spent my first 33 years of my life, minus 5 years in Taipei, Taiwan when I attended university. I miss my hometown, I miss the food, the energy and most of all, my family and friends. I DON'T miss the crowd (which provides the energy, by the way), don't miss the heat, and surely not the pollution.
The new Hong Kong flag has the same colour scheme that the Chinese flag has, there is a story behind the colour and the flower. I have to admit that I like the old, more subdued blue old flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment