Sunday, March 26, 2006

Thank you, Lighthouse.

What a wonderful day we had a Lighthouse Community Fellowship today! We not only received a warm welcome as the missionaries they are supporting, we also have gifts to remind us how great God has been to us through his faithful people. Marian, chairperson of the Mission committee, welcomed us into the church with beautiful corsages. Kioni was then escorted to the nursery, where they have lots of toys for her to play with. Then right at the beginning of the service, the children came holding colourful paper flowers that they made, they also held up cardboards saying, "Welcome to Lighthouse Community Fellowship, Mr. and Mrs. Bush and Kioni." I was so moved that I got tears in my eyes. Then the children walked up to us one by one to give us the flowers! Wow! I bundled them up, knowing that Kioni would absolutely love this beautiful bouquet of flowers.
After the service is over, we were invited to lunch at Ken's house with the Missions Committee. We had a great time learning more about each other. I found this group of Christians so down to earth, caring and interested in our missions that I caught myself thanking God over and over for bringing these people into our lives. Kioni was given a Noah's Ark pop-up book and a hand-made bunny toy as presents.

The big surprise came after lunch and the 'out-of-this-world' tiramisu was consumed. Mirian pointed at the center-piece, which is a beautiful vase with an incrediable flower arrangement in it and said, "Amy, this is for you." My mouth dropped. Then she said, I made this vase. For those who are artistically challenged, I mean she MADE the vase, yes, she painted it by hand and put it in her own kiln!

At the time when we were most discouraged, (when we were at only 23%), God sent this church to us and lifted our spirits. He again sent them to let us know when we are in the Philippines, our brothers and sisters in Lighthouse will be praying for us. How do I know they will actually pray for us? Well, friends, you will have to meet them to know.

2 comments:

  1. YEP, THAT IS OUR LIGHTHOUSE CHURCH FAMILY ALRIGHT!!! You have indeed come to the right place. The wonderful people of LCF are the best--and gifted too!!! CONGRATULATIONS and MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOUR WORK FOR HIM!
    Teresa (former PW)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always felt that Lighthouse Community Fellowship should be re-named Lighthouse Community Family! The heart of each member and their warm reception are such a blessing to each and everyone who walks through their door. Your family is a blessing to us - and an answer to many prayers. We lookforward to a friendship with you that will have no end.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete