Friday, March 03, 2006

Who does she look like?


I once wrote on a previous post asking readers to vote on who Kioni looks like: mommy or daddy. The truth is, since Kioni was born, EVERYONE from my side of the family said she looks like her daddy. Here in the states, the result is half and half. Strangely, Chinese tend to say she looks like daddy, and half of the Americans said the same. The other half said she is a good mix. Well, I think they just want to make me feel better by saying so.
Today, I got an email from my cousin Canty from Hong Kong, she sent me a photo of myself when I was... I don't know how old. It seems like I do look like Kioni's mom! Well, at least, we both share a lack of hair. By the way, doesn't my dad looked pretty handsome?

我在前幾個月放了兩張照片在網上,叫你們看看祺祺像我還是像DAN。老實說,自從祺祺出生以來,所有在香港的家人朋友都說她像DAN。在美國這邊的人的看 法是一半一半的。奇怪的是,在這邊的中國人全都說她像DAN,美國人有一半說她像DAN,另一半說她是我和DAN的混合。(我想他們這樣說法是讓我有點安慰。)
今天收到香港的堂姊嘉潔電郵給我的照片,是我小時候所拍的一張照片,不知道那時我有多大了,從這張照片看起來,我沒錯是祺祺的媽呢!起碼我倆都沒有多少頭髮。你們看我爸年輕時挺帥的,是不是?

5 comments:

  1. 盧祺(咦?是否跟Kioni的「祺」相同?)先生年輕時固然帥極了,但我跟這位「區長」做訪問時他也蠻有型啊!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 爾祺的祺是盧祺的祺,她的英文名字Kioni意思是雪,我媽的名字是雪芳。我爸數年前因為膝蓋不好,決定不再跑馬拉松賽,可是每天還定時到球場跑步,身體十分健康,是神的保守看顧和恩典。只是他仍未認識主耶穌,我心中甚是著急。

    ReplyDelete
  3. 啊呀,如果你不告?我??照片是你,真是猜不出啊。

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's me...well, my mother said she was a bit worried when I was first born, I didn't look much like a girl. She said things started to change when I grew a few years older. Though I looked better than when I was first born, she had a hard time making me wear dresses, I still don't like to wear dresses, if not because of work and for church, I don't think I would wear anything other than jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! She does look like you! It’s the eyes…she has your eyes! You guys will have a hard time keeping the boys away when she gets older!

    Mary Sun

    ReplyDelete