676 weeks. That's how many weekends we have with Kioni before she turns 18 and heads off to college. Well, in fact, less than that, I have to minus the weekends when she will be out with her friends, going to camps, etc. So what are we going to do with the 676 weekends? I would like to have lots of memory-making activities. Just like what my parents did with us, beaches, hiking, dinner at grandma's, playing with cousins, special restaurant treats. Wrecking my brain how to do so in the rainy Aberdeen weather, limited budget and absence of families.
If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can satisfy, also we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for another world. ~ C.S. Lewis
Monday, January 19, 2009
How many weeks?
676 weeks. That's how many weekends we have with Kioni before she turns 18 and heads off to college. Well, in fact, less than that, I have to minus the weekends when she will be out with her friends, going to camps, etc. So what are we going to do with the 676 weekends? I would like to have lots of memory-making activities. Just like what my parents did with us, beaches, hiking, dinner at grandma's, playing with cousins, special restaurant treats. Wrecking my brain how to do so in the rainy Aberdeen weather, limited budget and absence of families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As a mom I want my kids to have great memories like I have from gorwing up, but we are in a different situation as well with money and living conditions. So what I am learning is that my kids will not know their memories and special moments aren't as special as mine, because they are just as special as mine. In fact they are more special, because they will be their memories! :)
ReplyDeleteSo have Kioni help you make a restaraunt for Dan as a special after scholl treat : She is crafty so she can write & decorate the menus, she can help you make a meal to serve your family. She could be the waitress and take his order, you can be the cook :) That could be very special.
You are very blessed to have a smart and talented daughter who I hope has great imagination - Take her camping in your apartment - throw a blanmket over a table and callit a tent. If it is safe and you are able, use candles as a camp fire and tell stories or sing songs - raost a marshmellow? :)
I will pray for ideas and I will pray that you see memories through Kioni's eyes too :) Blessings!
Kristen King